- Born: 30/12/1977 in Olomouc, Czech Republic
- Nationality: Czech
- Home address: Písecná 8, 78335 Olomouc-Chomoutov, Czech Republic
- Professional address: Brno University of Technology
Faculty of Information Technology
Department of Computer Graphics and Multimedia
Bozetechova 2, 612 66 Brno, Czech Republic
Tel: +420 5 41141283, Fax: +420 5 41141270
- Mail to: email@example.com, http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/ ~ matejkap
- Cell phone: +420 603 874 886
- 2001 - now: Doctoral studies, Institute of Radioelectronics, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication and Department of Computer Graphics and Multimedia, Faculty of Information Technology, Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic. Supervisors: Dr. Milan Sigmund, Dr. Jan Cernocký. Working title of the doctoral thesis: "Language identification based on phonetic cues". Planned submission: summer 2005.
- 1996 - 2001: Department of Control and Instrumentation, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics, Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic. Supervisor: Dr. Václav Jirsík, Diploma thesis: "Speaker Verification".
- 1992 - 1996: Secondary School of Electrotechnics, Olomouc, Czech Republic.
- 07/2005: EUROMASTER Summer School (Edinburg, UK), 2nd place in poster competition.
- 10/2002 - 6/2003: USA - Oregon Graduate Inst., Anthropic Speech Processing Group, under the assistance of Prof. Hynek Hermanský, work on robust feature extraction and phoneme recognition for M4 project.
Participation in projects:
- 2004-2006: Augmented Multi-party Interaction (AMI), EU Framework 6 project, Information Society Technologies. Work on feature extraction for LVCSR and Keyword spotting.
- 2003-2006: Language identification - industrial grant from CAMEA Ltd. Developing language identification system for sorting incoming calls.
- 2002-2005: M4 - Multimodal Meeting Manager, 5th EU Framework 5 project, Information Society Technologies. Work on robust feature extraction and phoneme recognition.
- 2005: EEICT/EMI Student Conference and Competition, 1st place in the signal processing category at national EEICT and international EMI too.
- 2003: NIST LID - International language identification evaluation campaign. Participating at OGI.
- signal processing
- speech processing (feature extraction, recognition)
- phoneme recognition
- language identification
- Languages: C/C++, Perl, UNIX-shells, Matlab, HTML, LaTeX.
- Operating systems: Unix/Linux, Dos, Windows.
- Speech processing software: HTK, QuickNet.
- Signals and systems: computer labs.
- Speech processing: computer labs.
- Programmable logical devices: labs.
- Supervising Bc. and MSc. students' projects at Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication, Brno University of Technology, 2001-2005.
- 2nd place in the competition for the best poster 2005
- Prize of BUT Rector - Silver Medal BUT 2006
- The Commemorative Medal of FIT BUT (The Bronze Medal) 2019
- IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- ISCA (International speech communication association)
- Czech (mother tongue)
- English (fluent)
- P. Matejka, P. Schwarz, J. Cernocký and P. Chytil: "Phonotactic Language Identificaion Using High Quality Phoneme Recognition", accepted to Eurospeech 2005, available upon request.
- P. Schwarz, P. Matejka, and J. Cernocký: "Towards lower error rates in phoneme recognition," in Proc. TSD 2004, Brno, Czech Republic, Sept. 2004, pp. 465-472.
- P. Schwarz, P. Matejka, and J. Cernocký: "Recognition of phoneme strings using TRAP technique," in Proc. Eurospeech 2003, Geneva, Switzerland, Sept. 2003, pp. 825-828.
All publications are listed on section Publications