Seminar of Mathematics
ISM Acad. year 2015/2016 Winter semester 2 credits
High school mathematics.
Language of instruction
Šafařík Jan, Mgr. et Mgr. (FEEC BUT)
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Improving or repeating knowledge of high school mathematics.
Generic learning outcomes and competences
The ability of formal mathematical expression.
The goal is to improve or to repeat knowledge of high school mathematics needed for further study. This course is suitable for students who obtained less than 500 points in admission test in mathematics.
- Kolářová, E. Matematický seminář [Seminar of Mathematics]. Brno, UMAT, FEKT, VUT v Brně. (In Czech)
- Bušek, I.: Řešené maturitní úlohy z matematiky [Solved math problems for graduation]. Praha, Prometheus, 1999.
- Chrastinová, M., Kolářová E.: Matematika - Přijímací zkoušky na vysoké školy [Mathematics - Admission tests to college]. Brno, FEI VUT, 2000.
- Polák, J.: Přehled stredoškolské matematiky [Compendium of high school mathematics]. Praha, Prometheus, 2002.
- Polák, J.: Středoškolská matematika v úlohách II [High school mathematics in exercises II]. Praha, Prometheus, 1999.
Syllabus of numerical exercises
- Basic concepts of the set theory
- Propositional and predicate logic
- Methods of proof and mathematical induction
- Vectors and analytic geometry
- Systems of linear equations and matrices
- Exponential functions and logarithm
- Elementary functions and the concept of a limit
- Equations and inequations
- Sequences and series
- Complex numbers
Two control tests (in 6th and 16th week) dealing with so far discussed topics.
The presence is monitored. At most three absences can be excused.
For the course-unit credit, it is necessary:
- To attend exercises (no absence without an excuse is allowed and at most three absences with accepted excuse are allowed).
- To obtain at least a 50 % score from any of two control tests during the semester.
Course inclusion in study plans