Computer Communications and Networks
IPK Acad. year 2017/2018 Summer semester 4 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
- Kurose J.F., Ross K.W.: Computer Networking, A Top-Down Approach Featuring the Internet (6th edition). Addison-Wesley, 2012.
- Lydia Parzial, et al.:TCP/IP Tutorial and Technical Overview, IBM Redbooks, 2006.
Syllabus of lectures
- Computer Networks and the Internet
- Application Layer
- Network application programming
- Transport Layer
- Network Layer
- IPv6 and transition mechanisms
- Local Area Networks, Ethernet
- Wireless and Mobile Networks
- Network Security
- Network Configurations
- Network Traffic Analysis
Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students
- Implementation of a client-server communication
- Implementation of networking application
Controlled activities include two projects and final exam.
Course inclusion in study plans