English for IT
AIT Acad. year 2017/2018 Winter semester 3 credits
Language of instruction
Šedrlová Magdalena, Mgr. (DFL FEEC BUT)
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
- Students are able to discuss the basic subjects of IT.
- They describe technical functions and applications and explain how the particular technologies work, list and describe various types of technical problems and causes of faults and are able to discuss possible solutions.
- They are able to work with professional texts and find the required information, have the knowledge of professional language functions and their manifestations and use them correctly.
Generic learning outcomes and competences
- Understanding specific technical information in both spoken and written forms.
- The ability to communicate in specific situations related to the development and presentation of devices and their parts and components. The ability to express one´s ideas and discuss the issues and current trends in technology.
- New Headway Intermediate 2 (BAN4)
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
- Erich H. Glendinning, John Mc Ewan: Oxford English for Information Technology
Course inclusion in study plans