Parallel System Architecture and Programming
ARC Acad. year 2017/2018 Summer semester 5 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Generic learning outcomes and competences
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
- current PPT slides for lectures
- Pacecho, P.: Introduction to Parallel Programming. Morgan Kaufman Publishers, 2011, 392 s., ISBN: 9780123742605
- Hennessy, J.L., Patterson, D.A.: Computer Architecture - A Quantitative Approach. 5. vydání, Morgan Kaufman Publishers, Inc., 2012, 856 s., ISBN: 9780123838728
Syllabus of lectures
- Introduction to parallel processing.
- Patterns for parallel programming.
- Shared memory programming - Introduction into OpenMP.
- Synchronization and performance awareness in OpenMP.
- Shared memory and cache coherency.
- Components of symmetrical multiprocessors.
- CC NUMA DSM architectures.
- Message passing interface.
- Collective communications, communicators, and disk operations.
- Interconnection networks: topology and routing algorithms.
- Interconnection networks: switching, flow control, message processing and performance.
- Message-passing architectures, current supercomputer systems. Distributed file systems.
- Data-parallel architectures and programming.
Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students
- Development of an application on SMP in OpenMP on a NUMA node.
- A parallel program in MPI on the supercomputer.
- Missed labs can be substituted in alternative dates (monday or friday)
- There will be a place for missed labs in the last week of the semester.
Course inclusion in study plans