Signals and Systems
ISS Acad. year 2017/2018 Winter semester 6 credits
Language of instruction
Beneš Karel, Ing. (DCGM FIT BUT)
Grézl František, Ing., Ph.D. (DCGM FIT BUT)
Kodym Oldřich, Ing. (DCGM FIT BUT)
Mošner Ladislav, Ing. (DCGM FIT BUT)
Ondel Lucas, Mgr. (DCGM FIT BUT)
Silnova Anna, MSc. (DCGM FIT BUT)
Skácel Miroslav, Ing. (DCGM FIT BUT)
Žmolíková Kateřina, Ing. (DCGM FIT BUT)
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Generic learning outcomes and competences
- Mathematical Analysis (IMA)
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
- Jan, J., Kozumplík, J.: Systémy, procesy a signály. Skriptum VUT v Brně, VUTIUM, 2000.
- Šebesta V.: Systémy, procesy a signály I., Skriptum VUT v Brně, VUTIUM, 1997.
- Jan J., Číslicová filtrace, analýza a restaurace signálů, VUT v Brně, VUTIUM, 2002, ISBN 80-214-1558-4.
- Oppenheim A.V., Wilski A.S.: Signals and systems, Prentice Hall, 1997
Syllabus of lectures
- Digital filters - fundamentals and practical usage
- Frequency analysis using DFT - fundamentals and practical usage
- Image processing (2D signals) - fundamentals and practical usage
- Random signals - fundamentals and practical usage
- Applications of signal processing and introduction to theory
- Frequency analysis of continuous time signals
- Continuous time systems
- From continuous to discrete - sampling, quantization
- Discrete signal sin more detail
- Digital filtering in more detail
- Random signals in more detail
- Applications and advanced topics of signal processing
Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students
- active participation in computer labs, presentation of results to the tutor - 2 pts. each, total 12 pts.
- half-semester exam, written materials, computers and calculators prohibited, 25 pts.
- submission of project report - 12b.
- final exam - 51 pts., written materials, computers and calculators prohibited, list of basic equations will be at your disposal. The minimal number of points which can be obtained from the final exam is 17. Otherwise, no points will be assigned to the student.
- participation in computer labs is not checked but active participation and presentation of results to the tutor is evaluated by 2 pts.
- Groups in computer labs are organized according to inscription into schedule frames.
Course inclusion in study plans