MA2 FBM BUT makP Acad. year 2017/2018 Winter semester 5 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
Syllabus of lectures
- The economy of the main stream.
- Quantitative theory - neutrality of money.
- The theory of money, value, price, utility and costs, the marginal theory.
- The theory of capital, interest rates, savings, investment and investment multiplier.
- Imperfect competition, the theory of monopoly, the theory of wealth and externalities.
- The international division of labour, theory of international trade and exchange rates theory.
- The theory of business cycle, real and monetary cycles, economics growth and the models of economics growth (Solow's model of the economic growth, Cob-Douglas's production function).
- The macroeconomic equilibrium, models SI - LL, IS - LM, CC - BB and Modigliani's model.
- Business policy, the business policy failures, reasons and solutions of the economics recessions.
- The theory of human capital, economics in relation to political and sociological questions.
Syllabus of numerical exercises
- Introduction to the course, repeating the elementary macroeconomic knowledge.
- Quantity theory of money, transmission mechanism.
- Market for loanable funds.
- External equilibrum state, net exports and imports of capital, exchange rates.
- Model Keynesian cross and IS curve design.
- LM curve and IS-LM model for a small open a small closed economy.
Course inclusion in study plans