NMA FBM BUT nmP Acad. year 2017/2018 Summer semester 4 credits
Language of instruction
Pavláková Dočekalová Marie, Ing., Ph.D. (IE FBM BUT)
Součková Markéta, Ing. (IE FBM BUT)
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
Syllabus of lectures
- Content and the cost management. System approach to the cost management.
- Breakdown of costs and benefits from the point of view of the needs of management oriented to decision making, opportunity costs
- Decision-making tasks. Basic classification criteria of these tasks, CVP. Optimization of production, optimization of the range, decision-making tasks "either-or".
- Budgeting in market conditions.
- Strategic cost management -calculation of the target costs(Target Costing) and life cycle costing (LCC)
- Strategic cost management - calculations by sub-activities - the ABC
- Management of processes, operations and activities - the ABC / M
- Strategic cost management - value analysis
- Strategic cost management-the concept of strategic cost management, factors affecting strategic cost management (TQM, JIT, Theory of restrictions)
- Cost Cutting - alternative approaches to cost reduction.
Syllabus of numerical exercises
1., 2. Relevant, irrelevant costs. Differential costs and revenues. Incremental and border costs. Opportunity costs and revenues-computing examples.
3., 4. Short-term decision-making tasks, safety margins, CVP-computing examples. Optimization of the production-computing examples.
5., 6. Optimization of the range, tasks of either-or "-computational examples. Building of the command budget.
7.,8. Method ABC.
9.,10.Method TC a LCC. Value analysis.
11.,12. TEST I.
A 100 - 90
B 89 - 80
C 79 - 70
D 69 - 60
E 59 - 50
F 49 - 0
The grade is given on the basis of test and oral examination.
TEST I (7.-8. week): 40 points
Minimum number of points: 20 points.
Correction term is the only one from each test, held in the credit week.
Course inclusion in study plans