Advanced Methods of Analyses and Simulation
PMM FBM BUT IpmrP Acad. year 2017/2018 Summer semester 4 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
Syllabus of lectures
2. Artificial neural networks (ANN): To be familiar with the basic notions in the area of artificial neural networks, presentation of the notation perceptron, multilayer neural network and their parameters. The applications cover investment decision making, estimations of the price of products, real properties, evaluation of value of client, etc.
3. Genetic algorithms (GA): To be familiar with the principles of genetics, the analogy between nature and math description that enables the solution of decision making of problems. The use in the area of optimization of wide spectrum of problems is mentioned - the optimization of investment strategy, production control, cutting plans, curve fitting, the solution of traveling salesman, cluster analyses, etc.
4. Chaos theory: The theory deals with the possibilities of better description of economic phenomena than the classical methods do. The notion chaos, order and fractal are clarified, the use of this theory to determinate the level of chaos of measured and watched system is mentioned
5. Data mining: The notion data mining, the definition of aims, the selection of methods of simulation, sources and preparation of data, creation of models, their verification, evaluation, implementation and maintenance are mentioned there. The presentation of the cases of the use for strategy of cooperation with customer, direct mailing, etc
6. Simulation: The presentation of the notion system and its identification and simulation. The description of the use of FL, ANN and GA during the process of simulation of decision making processes in enterprise sphere.
The classified credit will be classified according ECTS. The way of implementation is in the form of test with in the range 0-20 points. A-20-19;B18-17;C16-15;D14-13;E12-;F10-0.
Course inclusion in study plans