20 hrs lectures, 20 hrs exercises
Milichovský František, Ing., Ph.D. (IM FBM BUT)
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Student will be made familiar with:Description of material flow in production, trading and distribution organization.Order processing in manufacturing organization Proposing of a design for management of supplies relations.Design and implementation of logistics systems in selected firms with the use of basic project management tool - Microsoft Project - form case study Management inventory. Production logistics in Škoda Auto – excursion. Selection process of supply strategy – purchase marketing – form – case studyBesides student will acquire basic skills of logistics manager in the given conditions
The course provides basic information necessary to understand the problems of controlling and optimising material flow with the use of information flows to achieve the efficiency. Basic theoretical approaches will be verified in industrial organizations in form of excursions. Student will understand how to create continuous material flows in point of disconnection, and project an optimal inventory level for assuring continuity of all other activities. Also dealt with is the sphere of material components procurement components as resources for entrepreneurial activities in an industrial organization.
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
When a student begins the course, he/she is expected to have the knowledge and skills in the area of manufacturing technologies in industrial organizations. Besides this condition student must be familiar with business economy, mathematics disciplines, statistics, theory of decisions, informatics technologies and communication technologies. Students will deepen their knowledge of profitability of assets, management theory, and of obtaining data from accounting.
- Fundamentals of logistics.
- Logistics as science discipline vs. practical management approach.
- Logistics goals. Logistics conception. Personal aspects of logistics. Logistics procurement.
- Objectives, goals and strategy of procurement logistics.
- Production synchronized with the inventory processes.
- Inventories management. Kind of inventories.
- Suppliers selection process.
- Calculation of order quantity and order cycles.
- Costs on supply processes.
- Transports and inventories systems.Extra-enterprises logistic system in transportation chains.
- In-house traffic systems.Distributed and rotation logistics. Packing. Output products and assuring loading.
- Costs on distributed logistics. Order management.
- Order release, work schedule, order monitoring.
Attendance is checked at all forms of lessons by the tutor. Absence from seminars in computer lab has to be compensated. Make-up seminars in a computer lab will be announced after the end of the semester. Activities are checked by presenting the results of individual case studies.
The exam is 50 minutes long.Oral exam verifies the mark given for the
written part and makes the final grade more accurate.For awarding grade E
it is necessary to process examples up to the numerical formulation and
prove minimum knowledge of theory - e.g. additional tasks related to
the theoretical approaches answered orally.
The course is concluded with a graded course-unit credit that is awarded
on condition of having presented an individual case study and three
common cases studies. Another condition for awarding the graded
course-unit credit is the attendance at seminar in a computer lab.
Student has to demonstrate his/her theoretical knowledge and skills.
Course inclusion in study plans
- Programme IT-MSC-2,
any year of study,