26 hrs lectures, 13 hrs exercises
Molnárová Anikó, Ing. (II FBM BUT)
Štěpánková Vladěna, Mgr. (FBM BUT)
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Students will know the traditional and modern procedures of risk measuring, including the most widely used methods of decreasing the company's risk. Students will acquire the basic necessary skills needed for analyzing and evaluation the company's risk, including the proposal for changing strategy in company with respect to risk analyze. Students will also be able to manage change processes standard strategy (both business as well as functional) each SBU firm.
The main objective of the course is to provide students with the theoretical foundations and methodology necessary for the identification, analysis and risk assessment of business processes. Attention is paid to methods of reducing the risk of failure of implementing the change processes of the company. Based on the understanding of the classical model of change (Lewins model) methodology is presented to the change of company strategy with consideration of risk processes. Methods of preventive removal of the causes of risky situations and methods of reducing the adverse consequences of risky situations are presented with concrete examples. As a tool of knowledge reduction of uncertainty about the future and reduce the risks involved are presented the basic principles of forecasting (with details of their principal advantages and disadvantages).
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
Knowledge of basic statistic and probability on the level of bachelor's study programme. The basic knowledge of decision-making in a company on the level of bachelor's study programme.
- Introduction - the basic identification of the problems, the sequence on study modules
- The display of company's life (from small to multinational) - the '7S' scheme
- Successful company, successful manager
- The decision-making of changes within a company
- Types and analyse of risk.
- Methods of risk decreasing in company's management
- Data, information and knowledge
- The basics of investment mathematics and the methodology of investment decision-making.
- Risk decreasing and evaluation of investments in personal and company's decision-making.
- Risk connected with company's strategy change.
- Prognosis - the instrument of risk decreasing in economic company's life.
Syllabus of numerical exercises
The seminars will be focused on practising the lectured topics and elaboration of case studies (both individually and in teams).
Control of results of independent work on assigned tasks. In case of excused absence from seminars, the teacher can set additional condition if appropriate, usually elaboration of partial written task.
Course inclusion in study plans
- Programme IT-MSC-2,
any year of study,