Programming Language Theory
TJD Acad. year 2017/2018 Winter semester
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
- Peyton Jones S., L.: The Implementation of functional programming languages, Prentice Hall 1986
- Sethi R.: Programming Languages Concepts, Addison Wesley 1989
- Nilson U. - Matuszynski J.: Logic, Programming and Prolog, John Wiley 1990
- Nielson R.,H. - Nielson F.: Semantics with Applications - A Formal Introduction, John Wiley 1992
- Aho, V. A. - Sethi, R. - Ullmann, J. D. : Compilers - Principles, Techniques, and Tools, Addison - Wesley Publishing Company 1987
- Gordon, J., C.: Programming language Theory and its Implementation, Prentice Hall 1988
- Bird, R. - Walder, P.: Introduction to Functional Programming, Prentice Hall 1988
- Tennent, R., D.: Principles of programming languages, Prentice Hall 1981
Syllabus of lectures
- Types of programming languages: procedural and declarative, diferencies from the semantic point of view.
- The problem of the programming languages semantic formal definition. Various ways of the programming languages semantic formal definition.
- The axiomatic definition of the formal semantic: Floyd-Hoare logic.
- The denotation definition of the formal sematic: lambda calculus.
- The technology of the programming languages translation after a parsing.
- The solution of the context features of programming languages in the syntax-directed context-free compiler.
- Type systems
- Target code generation. Methods of registes assignment.
- The target code generation for pipeline processors.
Course inclusion in study plans