High Performance Computations
VNV Acad. year 2017/2018 Summer semester 5 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Generic learning outcomes and competences
- Hairer, E., Norsett, S. P., Wanner, G.: Solving Ordinary Differenatial Equations II. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1996.
- Lecture notes written in PDF format,
- Source codes (TKSL) of all computer laboratories
- Kunovský, J.: Modern Taylor Series Method, habilitation thesis, VUT Brno, 1995
- Hairer, E., Norsett, S. P., Wanner, G.: Solving Ordinary Differential Equations I, vol. Nonstiff Problems. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 1987.
- Hairer, E., Wanner, G.: Solving Ordinary Differential Equations II, vol. Stiff And Differential-Algebraic Problems. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 1996.
- Vlach, J., Singhal, K.: Computer Methods for Circuit Analysis and Design. Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1993.
Syllabus of lectures
- Methodology of sequential and parallel computation (feedback stability of parallel computations)
- Extremely precise solutions of differential equations by the Taylor series method
- Parallel properties of the Taylor series method
- Basic programming of specialised parallel problems by methods using the calculus (close relationship of equation and block description)
- Parallel solutions of ordinary differential equations with constant coefficients, library subroutines for precise computations
- Adjunct differential operators and parallel solutions of differential equations with variable coefficients
- Methods of solution of large systems of algebraic equations by transforming them into ordinary differential equations
- The Bairstow method for finding the roots of high-order algebraic equations
- Fourier series and finite integrals
- Simulation of electric circuits
- Solution of practical problems described by partial differential equations
- Control circuits
- Conception of the elementary processor of a specialised parallel computation system.
Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students
Course inclusion in study plans
- Programme IT-MSC-2, field MBI, MBS, MIS, MMI, MPV, MSK, any year of study, Elective
- Programme IT-MSC-2, field MGM, any year of study, Compulsory-Elective group M
- Programme IT-MSC-2, field MIN, any year of study, Compulsory-Elective group B
- Programme IT-MSC-2, field MMM, any year of study, Compulsory