Electronics for Information Technology (in English)
IELe Acad. year 2018/2019 Winter semester 6 credits
Language of instruction
Course Web Pages
* This course is prepared for incoming Erasmus+ students only, and it is instructed in English.
* This course will be open if a certain/sure minimum of enrolled students is at least five students.
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Knowledge of safety regulations for work with electronic devices.
To obtain detailed instructions and information about occupational safety with electric devices.
To gain practical knowledge of working with fundamental electronic circuits in labs.
Syllabus of lectures
- Safety regulation of working with electrical devices
- Mathematical basis for electric circuits (analytic and numerical methods), terminology and quantities used in circuits. Laws in linear DC circuits (Ohm's Law, Kirchhoff's law)
- Electrical circuits of resistors with one and more directed voltage sources, analysis based on a method of simplification
- Theorems about substituted sources (Thévenin's theorem), method of loop's current and nodes voltages, superposition principle
- General description of RC, RL and RLC circuits. RC, RL and RLC circuits with sources of direct voltage. Transient processes
- Alternating voltages and Fourier's series, solution of RLC circuits. RLC circuits in impulse mode, frequency filters 3
- Dissipationless and dissipation lines. Spreading of signals on a line. Signal transmission
- Semiconducting components, bipolar technology, PN junction, diode
- Bipolar transistors, transistor as a switch
- Unipolar transistors, TTL and CMOS gates (logical levels, power)
- Operational amplifiers (perfect) with weighted resistant nets. Digital-to-analog converters. Analog-to-digital converters
- Overview of important electric circuits (voltage sources, stabilizers, oscillator, multioscilators, bi-stable flip-flop, Schmitt flip-flop, timer, comparator, transmitter, receiver). Microelectronics, principles of integrated circuits manufacturing
- Methods of measurement of electric and non-electric quantities. Modern measuring devices. Principles and application of measuring devices
Syllabus of numerical exercises
- Electric circuits of resistors. Fundamental circuits. Editor and simulator of electric circuits with directed voltage source. Audiovisual demonstrations
- RLC circuits, transient processes. Fundamental circuits. Editor and simulator of RLC circuits with alternating voltage source. Audiovisual demonstrations
- Bipolar technology, diode. Fundamental circuits. Audiovisual demonstrations
- Bipolar technology, transistor. Fundamental circuits. Audiovisual demonstrations
- A/D a D/A converters. Audiovisual demonstration of manipulation with professional electronic devices
- Signal transmission. Fundamental circuits. Audiovisual demonstrations
Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students