Computer Communications and Networks (in English)
IPKe Acad. year 2018/2019 Winter semester 5 credits
Language of instruction
* This course is prepared for incoming Erasmus+ students only, and it is instructed in English.
* This course will be open if a certain/sure minimum of enrolled students is at least five students.
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
- Halsall F.: Data Communications, Computer Networks and Open Systems. Addison-Wesley, 1996.
- Puzmanova, R.: Routing and Switching, Time of Convergence?. Addison-Wesley, 2003.
- Kurose J.F., Ross K.W.: Computer Networking, A Top-Down Approach Featuring the Internet. Addison-Wesley, 2003.
Syllabus of lectures
- Introduction into computer networks.
- Communication model of Internet. ISO/OSI model. Communication services and protocols.
- Application layer and protocols.
- Transport layer. UDP protocol.
- TCP protocol. Socket API.
- Network layer. IP protocol. Addressing and routing.
- Routing protocols.
- Multicast in INternet.
- Link layer and link protocols.
- Switching and switches.
- ATM. Frame Relay.
- High-speed networks. Wireless and mobile networks and protocols.
- Network management.
Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students
- Two projects focused on TCP/IP communication.
- Evaluated project - 10 points
- Evaluated project - 20 points
- Final written examination - 70 points