IPMA FEEC BUT TMAN Acad. year 2018/2019 Winter semester 5 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Generic learning outcomes and competences
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
- Weihrich, H., Koontz, H.: Management. Praha, Victoria Publishing 1993. 659 s., ISBN 80-85605-45-7. (in Czech)
- Gerber, M.E.: Podnikatelský mýtus: Proč většina malých firem do roka zkrachuje a co proti tomu dělat. Praha, Management Press, 2004. 223 s., ISBN 80-7261-092-9. (in Czech)
- Robbins, S.P., Coulter M.: Management. Praha, Grada Publishing, 2004. 600 s., ISBN 80-247-0495-1. (in Czech)
- Donnelly, J.H., Gibson, J.L., Ivancevich, J.M.: Management. Praha, Grada Publishing, 1997. 821 s., ISBN 80-7169-422-3. (in Czech)
- VEBER, J. Management: základy, moderní manažerské přístupy, výkonnost a prosperita. 2. aktualiz. vyd. Praha, Management Press, 2014, 734 s. ISBN 978-80-726-1274-1. (in Czech)
- BLAŽEK, L. Management. Organizování, rozhodování, ovlivňování. 2. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2014. 224 s. ISBN 978-80-247-4429-2. (in Czech)
Syllabus of lectures
- What is management.
- Types of subjects.
- System approach.
- Management of innovations.
- Process approach.
- Decision making.
- Change management.
- Risk management
Syllabus of numerical exercises
- max. 20 points => solving questions from 2 case studies (optional task) - for solving and solving the case study the student gets 10 points, if he does not participate in the solution, he gets 0 points
- max. 15 points => presentation presentation topic (compulsory task). For the presentation, 15, 10 or 5 points can be evaluated for originality, adherence to defined time, presentation and presentation of information on the chosen topic.
- max. 25 points => elaboration, submission and presentation of a semester project (compulsory task). The evaluation of the written part of the project will be 15, 10, 5 or 0 points according to the requirements of the assignment. In late submission (from the 9th week) the student is awarded -5 points. The presentation will be held in the 10th - 12th week of the semester, the student will be evaluated for 10, 5, or 2 points according to the assignment. 0 points in case of serious shortcomings or failure to meet the presentation deadline.
- max. 40 points => writing a knowledge test (compulsory task) or a substitute written project (optional conditional assignment) - the knowledge test will be written for the seminar at the 12th semester of the semester. The test lasts 10 minutes, contains 10 questions. You can get 4 points for the correct answer, 0 points for bad or unanswered answer. In case the student does not get the knowledge test and the fulfillment of the obligatory tasks in the sum total min. 70 points, has the right to write a recurring knowledge test at week 13, the result of the knowledge test is not counted in the evaluation. If the student fails to write a repeated knowledge test and fulfill the required tasks in the sum of min. 70 points, he / she may ask the teacher for a written written project. The subject of the project, the extent and the deadline for submission are determined by the teacher, and the deadline for submission may be no more than 7 calendar days (but no later than the end of the 4th week of the semester). The tutor will review the written written project within 3 working days after submitting and will award a maximum of 40 points to the overall assessment, and the evaluation of the two knowledge tests will not be counted.
Written exam form, closed questions with a rating of 1 or minus 0.5 points, open questions with a score of 0 to 3 points. The minimum number of test points is 50%.
The exam is classified according to the ECTS scale.
Requirements on completion of the course (weight):
Completion of the conditions for obtaining a credit of 50%
Passing the final exam 50%
Attendance at lectures and exercises is not obligatory but recommended. The activity demonstrates the performance of the tasks for which the points are scored in the exercises. To get a credit, 70 out of 100 possible points are required.
Course inclusion in study plans