ITW Acad. year 2018/2019 Summer semester 5 credits
Introduction, principles of internet, addressing, document storage. HTML, foundations, presentation techniques. Cascading style sheets, integration to HTML. XHTML, variants, principles, differences to HTML. Design of a web presentation, navigational structure. Usability and accessibility. Search engine optimization.
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Knowledge of current technology for web page creation. Ability to create quality web presentation regarding a proper information and navigational structure design, suitable technology and accessibility for different groups of users.
To obtain knowledge necessary for creating quality WWW presentations. To get a general overview of current technology and trends. Knowledge of various aspect of the presentation creation - navigational structure, accesibility, optimization.
Why is the course taught
The design and implementation of a web presentation is one of the most demanded IT graduates' skills. Although the creation of a web presentation as such is a relatively specific task, the principles and technologies discussed are applicable in many other areas of IT.
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
Basic knowledge of the WWW usage. An ability to work with the Windows or Linux operating system. Text editor usage. Basic principles of programming.
- Pavol Mikle: XDHTML - referenční příručka, Zoner Press, 2004, ISBN 80-86815-01-3
- Michálek, M.: Vzhůru do CSS3, e-kniha, 2015, https://www.vzhurudolu.cz/ebook-css3
- Andrew, R.: Get Ready for CSS Grid Layout, A Book Apart, 2016, https://abookapart.com/products/get-ready-for-css-grid-layout
- Hyslop, B., Castro, E.: HTML5 a CSS3: Názorný průvodce tvorbou WWW stránek, Computer Press, 2012
- Petr Staníček: CSS Kaskádové styly, Computer Press, 2003, ISBN: 80-7226-872-4
Syllabus of lectures
- Internet and the World Wide Web, basic concepts, adressing, document storage
- HTML - basic concepts
- HTML - advanced presentation techniques
- Visual tools for web page design
- Cascading stylesheets
- Advanced properties of CSS
- XHTML - principles, differences to HTML
- User interaction
- Presentation design, navigational structure
- Different aspects of the technologies, optimization
- Accessibility of the web pages
- Search engine optimization
Syllabus of computer exercises
- Internet, networks, addressing, document storage
- Cascading stylesheets
- Individual projects
Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students
- Basic presentation in HTML
- Labs - 10 points
- Two test during the semester - 40 points
- Two individual projects - 20+30 points
Obtaining at least 50 points during the semester.
Course inclusion in study plans