Advanced Methods of Analyses and Simulation
PMM IFET BUT RSPMO Acad. year 2018/2019 Summer semester 4 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
Corequisite knowledge and skills
Syllabus of lectures
- Introduction and definition of subject "Advanced methods of analyses and simulation
- Identification of basic terms in the area of analyses
- Identification of basic terms and fuzzy logic rules, the build-up of models
- Presentation of case studies on the use of fuzzy logic in risk management
- Identification of basic terms in the area of artificial neural networks
- Presentation of case studies on the use of artificial neural networks in risk management
- Identification of basic terms in the area of genetic algorithms
- Presentation of case studies on the use of genetic algorithms in risk management
- Methods of simulation of prediction by means of fuzzy logic, neural networks and genetic algorithms
- Introduction to the theory of chaos and possible usage in risk management
- The usage of software means for solving problems
- Introduction to problems of simulation
- Presentation of applications of the usage of simulation in risk management
Attendance form: 80% face-to face, 20% distance learning.
Attendance in seminars will be checked, a student has to fulfil at least 75% attendance in seminars.
The absence in seminars could be recompense with a special assignment or with a special exam test.
Exam: written test
Exercise: Attendance (absences at seminars can be replaced with spare tasks and written tests). Submission of the seminar paper.
Course inclusion in study plans