Project Practice 1 (in English)
PP1e Acad. year 2018/2019 Summer semester 5 credits
- Instructors appointed by the head of department present their projects and certain goals to be achieved by the students in advance before enrolment.
- Students enrol in projects in the similar way as in the master's thesis. A supervisor has the final right to choose. His/her choice will be justified in the written form briefly (e.g. previous practice, achieved grade average).
- The supervisor is responsible for the regular check of a student's activity.
Language of instruction
List of available topics
|Beran Vítězslav, Ing., Ph.D.||DCGM||Person Identification in Video Based on Facial Features|
|Beran Vítězslav, Ing., Ph.D.||DCGM||People Detection and Tracking in Video|
|Beran Vítězslav, Ing., Ph.D.||DCGM||Crowd Movement and Size Estimation from Video|
|Beran Vítězslav, Ing., Ph.D.||DCGM||People Movement Analysis in the Crowd in Video|
|Vojnar Tomáš, prof. Ing., Ph.D.||DITS||Static Analysis in FramaC|
|Vojnar Tomáš, prof. Ing., Ph.D.||DITS||Static Analysis in Facebook Infer|
|Smrčka Aleš, Ing., Ph.D.||DITS||Experimental Evaluation of ANaConDA Framework|
|Lengál Ondřej, Ing., Ph.D.||DITS||Formal Verification of Computer Programs|
|Orság Filip, Ing., Ph.D.||DITS||Comparison of Head Pose Estimation Algorithms in a 2D Image|
|Smrž Pavel, doc. RNDr., Ph.D.||DCGM||Opinion Extraction from Social Networks, Blogs and Discussions|
|Smrž Pavel, doc. RNDr., Ph.D.||DCGM||Information Extraction from Text|
To make talented master students familiar with the basis of research work by participating in different projects conducted by research and development groups under the expert lead of a project supervisor.
Why is the course taught
There is an elective course. It allows already during study in the frame of a tution to take part in a real project solution which are usually directed to academical workers and doctoral students. The course is teaching because it allows for talented students to work with top technologies and solutions already during the study. Further it allows students to write reports of their work and to defend them.
Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students
- An individual project according to assignments and instructions of a supervisor.
A student works on the assigned task according to his/her supervisor's instructions. It is expected that the student will attend regular consultations with the supervisor.
- Continuous consultations with student's supervisor.
- A written report in the extent of at least 10 regular pages.
- 15 minutes presentation and defence at the department seminar.
Before the end of teaching part of a semester, the student will hand in a written report in the form of a scientific article in the extent of at least 10 regular pages. Before the end of the examination period, the student presents his/her results for 15 minutes at the department seminar. The head of department determines the assessment in the range of 0-100 points on the supervisor's proposal based on the defence and the submitted report. In order to gain a credit it is necessary to get at least 50 points from 100. A student must gain at least 70 points or higher to be able to continue in the follow-up course "PP2e - Project Practice 2".
Course inclusion in study plans