SMA FBM BUT RsmpP Acad. year 2018/2019 Summer semester 4 credits
Language of instruction
Schüller David, Ing., Ph.D. (IM FBM BUT)
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
- to practice skills in obtaining and elaborating market data (esp. on market, customers, competitors and technical trends) and analytical skills needed for valid interpretation of data,
- to practice and develop the exploitation of data gathered in the process of strategy analysis, formulation and execution in global market environment,
- to familiarize students with the decison making process in project teams (management teams),
- to familiarize students with the influence of marketing decisions on the related areas of a company´s management,
- to verify decision-making abilities, especially in complex decision making processes with potential conflicts between causes and effects,
- to develop leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
Syllabus of lectures
- Introduction, principles of simulation and assessment.
- Team building.
- Teamwork in the problem solving.
- Market research - the role of information and methods of their collection and evaluation.
- Interpretation - analysis of market information: discover how important it is to use market data and competitive signals to adjust the strategic plan and more tightly focus business tactics.
- Proposal of marketing strategy, its implementation and specification in accordance with market situation.
- Marketing strategy and tactics proposal - 4 P - product, price, place and promotion.
- Crystallize the financial implications of business decisions and how they flow to bottom-line performance.
- Business plan preparation - as a material for venture capital investments into the company.
- Execution of a company strategy and its outcomes analysis - using the BSC as a criterion.
- Final presentation of a company results.
Syllabus of numerical exercises
- Marketing strategy - outcomes, development and execution
- Marketing research - the role of information and methods for their obtaining
- Establishment and effective management of teams and teamwork
- New product development
- Development and execution of coherent pricing, distribution and communication strategy
- Financial aspects of marketing decisions
- Business Plan
- Balanced Scorecard
Course inclusion in study plans