Speech Signal Processing (in English)
ZREe Acad. year 2018/2019 Summer semester 5 credits
Language of instruction
* This course is prepared for incoming Erasmus+ students only, and it is instructed in English.
* This course will be open if a certain/sure minimum of enrolled students is at least five students.
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
- Gold, B., Morgan, N.: Speech and Audio Signal Processing, John Wiley & Sons, 2000, ISBN 0-471-35154-7
Syllabus of lectures
- Introduction, applications of speech processing, sciences relevant for SP, informational content of speech.
- Digital processing of speech signals.
- Speech production and perception, basic notions from psycho-acoustics, applications in speech processing.
- Introduction to phonetics, international norms for phoneme mark-up.
- Pre-processing and basic parameters of speech.
- Linear-predictive model, spectrum using LP, applications of LP.
- Cepstral analysis, Mel-frequency cepstrum.
- Determination of fundamental frequency.
- Speech coding
- Speech recognition - dynamic programming DTW, hidden Markov models HMM
- Speech synthesis
- Software and libraries for speech processing.
Syllabus of numerical exercises
- Parameterization, DTW, HMM.
- Presentation of projects.
- mid-term test
- presentation of projects
- presentation of results in computer labs
Course inclusion in study plans