Practical Parallel Programming
PPP Acad. year 2019/2020 Summer semester 5 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Generic learning outcomes and competences
Why is the course taught
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
- Pacecho, P.: Introduction to Parallel Programming. Morgan Kaufman Publishers, 2011, 392 s., ISBN: 9780123742605
- Hennessy, J.L., Patterson, D.A.: Computer Architecture - A Quantitative Approach. 5. vydání, Morgan Kaufman Publishers, Inc., 2012, 856 s., ISBN: 9780123838728
Syllabus of lectures
- Introduction to parallel processing.
- Architectures with distributed memory,
- Interconnection networks: topology and routing algorithms, switching, flow control.
- Technologies of interconnection networks (Infiniband).
- Distributed file systems (Lustre, HPFS).
- Message passing interface, pair-wise communications, data types
- Collective communications and communicators,
- Hybrid programming OpenMP/MPI and one-sided communications.
- Parallel code debugging, profiling and tracing.
- Programming patterns for parallel programming.
- Case studies: matrix calculations, linear equation systems
- Case studies: solution of PDE systems, finite difference, spectral methods
- Case studies: Fluid dynamics, N-Body systems, Monte-Carlo.
Syllabus of computer exercises
- MPI: Point-to-point communications
- MPI: Collective communications
- MPI: Communicators
- MPI: Data types, reduction
- MPI: Parallel input and output
- Profiling and tracing of parallel applications
- Matrix calculations.
- Finite difference methods.
Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students
- A parallel program in MPI on the supercomputer.
- Missed labs can be substituted in alternative dates (monday or friday)
- There will be a place for missed labs in the last week of the semester.
|Mon||lecture||lectures||D0207||08:00||09:50||1MIT 2MIT||MPV - MSK xx|
Course inclusion in study plans
- Programme IT-MSC-2, field MBI, MGM, any year of study, Compulsory-Elective group C
- Programme IT-MSC-2, field MBS, MIN, MIS, MMM, any year of study, Elective
- Programme IT-MSC-2, field MPV, MSK, 1st year of study, Compulsory
- Programme MITAI, specialisation NADE, NCPS, NGRI, NIDE, NISD, NISY, NMAL, NMAT, NNET, NSEC, NSEN, NSPE, NVER, NVIZ, any year of study, Elective
- Programme MITAI, specialisation NBIO, any year of study, Compulsory
- Programme MITAI, specialisation NEMB, 2nd year of study, Compulsory
- Programme MITAI, specialisation NHPC, 1st year of study, Compulsory