Headway Pre-Intermediate 1
BAN1 Acad. year 2019/2020 Summer semester 3 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Why is the course taught
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
- Murphy, R.: Essential Grammar in Use. With answers. Cambridge University Press, 2006.
- Juránková, V., Sládková, E.: 222 cvičení z anglické mluvnice. S klíčem. MC nakladatelství Brno, CZ, 1993.
- Taylor, L.: International Express Pre-Intermediate. Student's Book, Units 1 - 6. New edition, OUP 2012
- Support for home-training: http://www.feec.vutbr.cz/UJAZ/evyuka
- Taylor, L.: International Express Pre-Intermediate. Student's Book, Units 1 - 6. New edition, OUP 2012.
Syllabus of numerical exercises
- Unit 1: First meetings. Tenses, parts of speech, questions and social expressions.
- Unit 2: The world of work. Present tenses-simple and continuous. Verb groups. Making contact.
- Unit 2: Finishing-collocation, describing a company.
Unit 3: Challenges. Past tense-explanation and exercises.
- Unit 3: Finishing-past simple and past continuous, nouns, verbs and adjectives, making negatives, making connections. Sports and leisure file.
- Unit 4: Plans and arrangements. Expressing future - exercises. Hotel file.
- Unit 4: Finishing-words and symbols. Emails faxes and letters. Staying at a hotel. Units 1-4 revision.
- Review Unit A: Units 1-4 revision. Mid-semester test.
- Unit 5: How healthy is your lifestyle? Mass and count nouns, expressing quantity. Food file.
- Unit 5: Word groups. Living in different environment-comparison of lifestyles. At a restaurant.
- Unit 6: Flying gets cheaper. Comparative and superlative adjectives, synonyms and antonyms. Travelling.
- Unit 6: Word groups, air travel file. Transformations.
- Unit 6: Finishing-making arrangements. General revision.
- Semester test.
- listening comprehension: 15 - 30 points,
- reading comprehension: 15 - 30 points.
Course inclusion in study plans