New Headway Intermediate 2
BAN4 Acad. year 2019/2020 Summer semester 3 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
- Use a wide range of vocabulary
- Apply newly acquired knowledge of grammar
- Understand, analyze, translate, paraphrase texts
- Understand, analyze, translate, paraphrase listenings
- Understand, follow and actively participate in simple conversations
Why is the course taught
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
- K. Harding and A. Lane - International Express Intermediate, 3rd Edition, Student´s Book OUP, Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2014. -- 167 s.
- Support for home-training: http://www.feec.vutbr.cz/UJAZ/evyuka
- K. Harding and A. Lane - International Express Intermediate, 3rd Edition, Student´s Book OUP, Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2014.
Syllabus of numerical exercises
- Introduction, Revision
- Past sp., past cont., Past perf.
- Giving presentations, describing problems and finding solutions
- Conditionals: Zero, 1st and 2nd
- Money and finance, emails, discussing and reaching agreements
- Passives: Present sp., present cont. present perf sp., past sp., will
- Product journey vocab., Time management, Checking to understand and clarifying
- Relative clauses
- Job interviews, describing personal qualities at work, changing plans
- 3rd Conditional, should have/shouldn´t have
- Gerund VS. Infinitive, Changing careers, teleconferencing
- Technical text, revision
- Semester test
30% - reading - evaluates and assesses the abilities to work with a written text, abilities to analyze, synthesize, paraphrase, organize and reproduce information from the text.
30% - listening - evaluates and assesses the abilities to understand spoken English, abilities to analyze, synthesize, paraphrase, organize and reproduce information from the listening.
40% - semester test - evaluates the level of knowledge one has acquired during the semester.
Course inclusion in study plans