Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE)
C1P Acad. year 2019/2020 Summer semester 5 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Generic learning outcomes and competences
Why is the course taught
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
- Lecture notes in English.
- Electronic documents at Academy Online Portal.
- Wendell Odom: CCNP Route 642-902 Official Certification Guide, Cisco Press, 2010.
Syllabus of laboratory exercises
- Introduction to WAN networks.
- EIGRP routing, neighborhood, topology, convergence.
- EIGRP routing, summarization, filtering.
- Multi-area OSPF.
- LSA types in OSPF, best path selection, summarization, filtering.
- Virtual links in OSPF. OSPF over Frame Relay.
- Routing redistribution.
- Routing maps, lists, routing based on SLA.
- BGP protocol. eBGP and iBGP. Path filtering.
- Path attributes at BPG, best path selection.
- IPv6, addressing, routing, redistribution.
- Routing in branch networks. IPSec, PPPoE and GRE tunnels.
- Skills test. Final exam.
- Preparation and active participation at hands-on labs (max 36 points)
- Challenge lab (max 20 points)
- Skills test (max 34 points)
- To obtain Certification of Completion, all module test must be completed + skills test and final exam score must be over 80%.
- Preparation and active participation at all hands-on labs.
- Completion of all module tests.
- Missed classes are not replaced.
- Active partication on all hands-on labs.
- Half of points of all activity is required for credits.
Course inclusion in study plans
- Programme IT-MSC-2, field MBI, MBS, MGM, MIN, MIS, MMI, MMM, MPV, any year of study, Elective
- Programme IT-MSC-2, field MSK, any year of study, Compulsory-Elective group N
- Programme MITAI, specialisation NADE, NBIO, NCPS, NEMB, NGRI, NHPC, NIDE, NISD, NISY, NMAL, NMAT, NNET, NSEC, NSEN, NSPE, NVER, NVIZ, any year of study, Elective