English: Practical Course of Business Conversation and Presentation
FCE Acad. year 2019/2020 Winter semester 3 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
- Ability to express his or her wishes
- Ability to manage conversation in common social topics
- To master jargon in real life conversation
- To learn phrases that are not included in English student books but are plentifully used in day to day life
- TALK FLUENTLY even though your English is not 100%
- Experience creating presentations on various subjects.
- Learn how to prepare such presentations
- Learn communication with potential business partners
- Acquire negotiations and appropriate reaction skills while having business dealing in English
- To broaden specialized vocabulary and use it correctly
- Acknowledge your bad habits and mistakes and adopt correct techniques and methods while dealing with presentations and business meetings
- Tom Kenny: Nice Talking with You. Step-by-step English fluency. Cambridge University Press.
- English conversation-Practice Makes Perfect Series-McGraw-Hill Education; 1st edition (August 7, 2012).
- Practical English Usage (4th Edition) Book. Oxford University Press.
- Kenna Bourke: Test It, Fix It Vocabulary Intermediate.
Syllabus of numerical exercises
- Start talking in foreign language, mainly acquire positive approach towards your progress in English
- Address communicative barriers, habits and mistakes
- Jargon dialects and mistakes
- Listening and ability to understand and react
- Vocabulary in use
- Finding your own communication style
- Ability to express your emotions and needs
- Ability to deal with conflict in English language
- Acknowledgement of your own bad habits in English conversation
- Presentation structure in English
- Self-made presentation and its analysis
- Business communication and negotiations in English
- Revealing and defining your week points while presenting a presentation and having business communication in English subsequently addressing those week points and work on them
- Widening and training specialized vocabulary
Course inclusion in study plans
- Programme BIT, 2nd year of study, Elective
- Programme IT-BC-3, field BIT, any year of study, Elective
- Programme IT-BC-3, field BIT, 2nd year of study, Elective
- Programme IT-MSC-2, field MBI, MBS, MGM, MIN, MIS, MMI, MMM, MPV, MSK, any year of study, Compulsory-Elective group H
- Programme MITAI, specialisation NADE, NBIO, NCPS, NEMB, NGRI, NHPC, NIDE, NISD, NISY, NMAL, NMAT, NNET, NSEC, NSEN, NSPE, NVER, NVIZ, any year of study, Elective