Advanced Digital Systems
PCS Acad. year 2019/2020 Winter semester 5 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Why is the course taught
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
- Lecture notes in e-format
- Khatri S. P., Gulati K. (eds.): Advanced Techniques in Logic Synthesis, Optimizations and Applications, ISBN 978-1-4419-7517-1, 2011
- Rabaey J., Pedram M.: Low Power Design Methodologies, Kluwer, ISBN 0792396308, 1996
Syllabus of lectures
- Combinatorial and sequential logic design techniques, algorithms, and tools review.
- Review of digital design target technologies (ASIC, FPGA).
- Algorithms for minimization of digital circuits.
- Advanced synthesis techniques (pipelining, retiming).
- Constraint conditions.
- Models and methods for modern synthesis of digital circuits (AIG, BDD, SAT solvers).
- Modern synthesis of digital circuits (logic optimization).
- Modern synthesis of digital circuits (optimization for target technology).
- Synergy between synthesis and verification of digital circuits.
- Low power design methodologies.
- Reconfigurable computing.
- Verification of digital circuits (OVM methodology).
Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students
- Individual project focused on synthesis of digital circuits.
- presence in another laboratory group dealing with the same task.
- showing a summary of results to the tutor at the next lab.
- sending a short report (summarizing the results of the missed lab and answering the questions from the assignment) to the tutor, in 14 days after the missed lab.
Course inclusion in study plans
- Programme IT-MSC-2, field MBI, MGM, any year of study, Compulsory-Elective group C
- Programme IT-MSC-2, field MBS, MIN, MIS, MMM, MSK, any year of study, Elective
- Programme IT-MSC-2, field MPV, 2nd year of study, Compulsory
- Programme MITAI, specialisation NADE, NBIO, NCPS, NGRI, NHPC, NIDE, NISD, NISY, NMAL, NMAT, NNET, NSEC, NSEN, NSPE, NVER, NVIZ, any year of study, Elective
- Programme MITAI, specialisation NEMB, any year of study, Compulsory