CCNA Cybersecurity Operations (in English)
CSOa Acad. year 2019/2020 Summer semester 5 credits
CCNA Cyber Ops introduces the core security concepts and skills needed to monitor, detect, analyze and respond to cybercrime, cyberespionage, insider threats, advanced persistent threats, regulatory requirements, and other cybersecurity issues facing organizations. It emphasizes the practical application of the skills needed to maintain and ensure security operational readiness of secure networked systems.
Language of instruction
Course Web Pages
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Students get understanding and hands-on experience on how to detect and respond to security incidents. They will understand how an organization deals with cybercrime, cyberespionage, insider threats, advanced persistent threats, regulatory requirements, and related issues. They gain job-ready practical skills for in-demand job roles in cybersecurity operations. The course prepares for industry recognize CCNA Cybersecurity Operations certification.
Generic learning outcomes and competences
Computer networking. Cybersecurity skills. Security analysis of network devices and communication.
Students acquire applied skills in the rapidly growing area of cybersecurity operations at the associate level (including Level 1 and 2 support and SOC operatives), with alignment to the Cisco CCNA Cybersecurity Operations certification.
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
Prerequisites for participation in the course include application of networking knowledge as taught in IPK and ISA networking courses in Bc. study program. In general, you need to have basic knowledge of Windows and Linux OS, computer networks, conversions between binary, hexadecimal and decimal systems. We also expect basic programming skills and fundamentals of database query language SQL.
- Presentation materials in English.
- Electronic quizzes and tutorials on available at www.netacad.com portal.
- Omar Santos, Joseph Muniz, Stefano De Crescenzo. CCNA Cyber Ops (SECFND #210-250 and SECOPS #210-255) Official Cert Guide Library. ISBN-10: 1-58714-500-6. Cisco Press.
Syllabus of laboratory exercises
- Cybersecurity and the Security Operations Center.
- Forensics of Windows Operating System.
- Forensics of Linux Operating System.
- Overview of Network Protocols and Services.
- Security Concerns of Network Infrastructure.
- Principles of Network Security.
- Network Attacks: A Deeper Look.
- Protecting the Network.
- Cryptography and the Public Key Infrastructure.
- Endpoint Security and Analysis.
- Security Monitoring.
- Intrusion Data Analysis.
- Incident Response and Handling.
- Preparation and active participation in laboratory exercises (max. 26 points).
- Practical laboratory (max. 20 points).
- Final configuration practice test and Test on theoretical skills (max. 54 points).
- Preparation and active participation in all laboratory exercises.
- Missed classes are not replaced.
- Passing all laboratory exercises.
- Getting at least half of the points from each activity.
Course inclusion in study plans