Project Practice 1 (in English)
IP1e Acad. year 2020/2021 Winter semester 5 credits
- Instructors appointed by the head of department present their projects and certain goals to be achieved by the students in advance before enrolment.
- Students enrol in projects in the similar way as in the bachelor's thesis. A supervisor has the final right to choose. His/her choice will be justified in the written form briefly (e.g. previous practice, achieved grade average).
- The supervisor is responsible for the regular check of a student's activity.
Language of instruction
Course Web Pages
List of available topics
|Beran Vítězslav, Ing., Ph.D.||DCGM||Use of Human Detection for Robot Control|
|Drahanský Martin, prof. Ing., Dipl.-Ing., Ph.D.||DITS||Generating Synthetic Fingerprints from a Biometric Template|
|Drahanský Martin, prof. Ing., Dipl.-Ing., Ph.D.||DITS||Morphing of Fingerprints|
|Drahanský Martin, prof. Ing., Dipl.-Ing., Ph.D.||DITS||Morphing of 2D Faces|
|Drahanský Martin, prof. Ing., Dipl.-Ing., Ph.D.||DITS||Morphing of 3D Faces|
|Drahanský Martin, prof. Ing., Dipl.-Ing., Ph.D.||DITS||Preparation of Various Photos of One Person on Composition of 3D Model of Head|
|Herout Adam, prof. Ing., Ph.D.||DCGM||Android App for Annotation of Image Data|
|Herout Adam, prof. Ing., Ph.D.||DCGM||Web App for Annotation of Image Data|
|Lengál Ondřej, Ing., Ph.D.||DITS||Formal Verification of Computer Programs|
|Strnadel Josef, Ing., Ph.D.||DCSY||Fault Injection Based on QEMU|
|Strnadel Josef, Ing., Ph.D.||DCSY||Statistical Model Checking of Approximate Computing Systems|
|Strnadel Josef, Ing., Ph.D.||DCSY||Statistical Model Checking of Neural Networks|
|Strnadel Josef, Ing., Ph.D.||DCSY||Statistical Model Checking of Cellular Automata Systems|
|Strnadel Josef, Ing., Ph.D.||DCSY||Profiling of Embedded Applications|
|Smrž Pavel, doc. RNDr., Ph.D.||DCGM||Opinion Extraction from Social Networks, Blogs and Discussions|
|Smrž Pavel, doc. RNDr., Ph.D.||DCGM||Information Extraction from Text|
|Strnadel Josef, Ing., Ph.D.||DCSY||Control of Self-Parking Cars|
|Kanich Ondřej, Ing., Ph.D.||DITS||Simulation of Skin Disease Damage into Synthetic Fingerprints|
|Kanich Ondřej, Ing., Ph.D.||DITS||Detection and Classification of Damage in Fingerprint Images|
|Smrčka Aleš, Ing., Ph.D.||DITS||Experimental Evaluation of ANaConDA Framework|
To make talented bachelor students familiar with the basis of research work by participating in different projects conducted by research and development groups under the expert lead of a project supervisor.
Why is the course taught
There is an elective course. It allows already during study in the frame of a tution to take part in a real project solution which are usually directed to academical workers and doctoral students. The course is teaching because it allows for talented students to work with top technologies and solutions already during the study. Further it allows students to write reports of their work and to defend them.
- Chris A. Mack. How to Write a Good Scientific Paper. Published: 2018. PDF ISBN: 9781510619142 | Print ISBN: 9781510619135. https://doi.org/10.1117/3.2317707
According to the orientation of the project.
Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students
- An individual project according to assignments and instructions of a supervisor.
A student works on the assigned task according to his/her supervisor's instructions. It is expected that the student will attend regular consultations with the supervisor.
- Continuous consultations with student's supervisor.
- A written report in the extent of at least 10 regular pages.
- 15 minutes presentation and defence at the department seminar.
Before the end of teaching part of a semester, the student will hand in a written report in the form of a scientific article in the extent of at least 10 regular pages. Before the end of the examination period, the student presents his/her results for 15 minutes at the department seminar. The head of department determines the assessment in the range of 0-100 points on the supervisor's proposal based on the defence and the submitted report. In order to gain a credit it is necessary to get at least 50 points from 100. A student must gain at least 70 points or higher to be able to continue in the follow-up course "IP2e - Project practice 2".