Project Practice 3
IP3 Acad. year 2020/2021 Winter semester 5 credits
- Students who have successfully completed IP2 are expected to participate.
- Instructors appointed by the head of the department present their projects and certain goals to be achieved by the students at the beginning of winter semester.
- The supervisor is responsible for the regular check of a student's activity.
Language of instruction
Course Web Pages
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
The student will reach an ability to solve autonomously an individual project from a practical range, to describe the solution and individually defend it.
To make talented bachelor students familiar with the basis of research work by participating in different projects conducted by research and development groups under the expert leadership of a project supervisor.
Why is the course taught
It is a course intended for talented students. It allows them to participate in real projects, that are generally only for academics or doctoral students. The talented students can access the state of the art technologies and solutions and they have enough time to get familiar with them. Further, the students will learn how to present their results and defend them.
- Project Practice 2 (IP2)
Chris A. Mack. How to Write a Good Scientific Paper. Published: 2018. PDF ISBN: 9781510619142 | Print ISBN: 9781510619135. https://doi.org/10.1117/3.2317707
According to orientation of the project.
Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students
- An individual project according to assignments and instructions of a supervisor.
A student works on the assigned task according to his/her supervisor's instructions. It is expected that the student will attend regular consultations with the supervisor.
- Continuous consultations with student's supervisor.
- A written report in the extent of at least 10 regular pages.
- 15 minutes presentation and defence at the department seminar.
Before the end of teaching part of a semester, the student will hand in a written report in the form of a scientific article in the extent of at least 10 regular pages. Before the end of the examination period, the student presents his/her results for 15 minutes at the department seminar. The head of the department determines the assessment in the range of 0-100 points on the supervisor's proposal based on the defence and the submitted report. In order to gain a credit, it is necessary to get at least 50 points from 100.
Course inclusion in study plans