Philosophy and the Culture
FIK Acad. year 2021/2022 Winter semester 3 credits
The course of studies stresses the significance of cultural background for the modern man, as an essential ethic and intellectual foundation giving birth to incentives taken from the philosophical and religious conceptions about the creation and the functioning of the world, the nature, society and the civilization.
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
The knowledge acquired will increase the general level of education of the students, and will contribute to the cultivation of mind, will provide for the education to tolerance and will be positive to the creation of own conscious and harmonic image of the world.
To make the students familiar, besides the main cultural and philosophical streams of the past and the present, also with some mindless and heretic branches delineating the process of seeking and the development.
Why is the course taught
University students are found at the stage of life where one shapes their image of the world, their opinion. This subject, which is a catalogue of basic ways of understanding our human being, can help them
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
No prerequisity knowledge is called for.
- Anzenbacher, A.: Dějiny filosofie. Praha, 1990 (in Czech)
- Průvodce dějinami evropského myšlení, Praha, 1985 (in Czech)
- Filosofická čítanka, Praha, 1971 (in Czech)
- Slovník světového malířství, Praha, 1991 (in Czech)
Syllabus of lectures
- Nature and the substance of the culture
- Basic types of the society
- Mythology and religion as the first key to the world
- Basic information about the world religions
- Religion in the art
- The Greek world in the mind and the esthetics
- Greek philosophy and its essential building blocks
- Greek philosophy as the teacher of life
- Life, mind and art in the ancient times
- Renaissance and its new paradigma
- A new image of the world and the new place the human beings find themselves in
- Modern art
- Post-modern situation
Presence at the lectures with passing the test and furnishing a written work (approximately 2 pages of text, 500 - 1000 words).
Course inclusion in study plans
- Programme BIT, 1st year of study, Elective
- Programme IT-BC-3, field BIT, 2nd year of study, Elective
- Programme IT-MSC-2, field MBI, MBS, MGM, MIN, MIS, MMM, MPV, MSK, any year of study, Compulsory-Elective group H
- Programme MITAI, specialisation NADE, NBIO, NCPS, NEMB, NGRI, NHPC, NIDE, NISD, NISY, NMAL, NMAT, NNET, NSEC, NSPE, NVER, NVIZ, any year of study, Elective