RET Acad. year 2021/2022 Summer semester 3 credits
The course is the outcome of a well-proven methodology, leading to a step-by-step increase of volume of vocabulary, the elimination of often repeated errors and failures in talking by using the experience of logopedic consultancy, getting familiar with the rhetoric art of the antiquity, the medieval age and the new era. The content of the course and the methods used, at the same time, conduct the trainees to getting knowledge of the most excellent literature monuments of the time.
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
The knowledge acquired should provide for the cultivation of all modes of vocal and written communication. It should provide for the consolidation of the sense for mutual understanding and tolerance in interpersonal relations. A cultivated speech is supportive of a new dimension to technical erudition.
The basic aim of the course is to develop the ability to consciously cultivate spoken the language in terms of both content and formal, as well as to eliminate the trauma, bad habits and other content defects and deficiencies.
Why is the course taught
Culture speech and communication often determines how successful a person will use their expert knowledge. BUT student has the right to require the possibility of education in this area, which can positively affect his whole life.
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
No prerequisity knowledge is called for.
Altrichterová, B., Nastuneaková, M.: Rétorika pro každého. Praha : Vydavatelství ČVUT, 1997. (in Czech)
Syllabus of lectures
- The nonobviousness of the ability to convey ideas in words
- Rhetoric as art, born in the environment of Greek democracy
- Classical speech construction
- Evaluation of psychological and social circumstances
- Body language and gestures
- The art of persuading
- Eristic dialectics and its tricks
- Ethos of spoken speech
- Empathy and ability to listen
Attendance at lectures.
Presence at the lectures with passing the test and furnishing a written work (approximately 2 pages of text, 500 - 1000 words).
Course inclusion in study plans
- Programme BIT, 1st year of study, Elective
- Programme IT-BC-3, field BIT, 1st year of study, Elective
- Programme IT-MSC-2, field MBI, MBS, MGM, MIN, MIS, MMM, MPV, MSK, any year of study, Compulsory-Elective group H
- Programme MITAI, specialisation NADE, NBIO, NCPS, NEMB, NGRI, NHPC, NIDE, NISD, NISY, NMAL, NMAT, NNET, NSEC, NSEN, NSPE, NVER, NVIZ, any year of study, Elective