Graphical User Interfaces
GUR Acad. year 2004/2005 Winter semester 5 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Syllabus of lectures
- Application classes from the point of view of user interaction.
- X Window system structure, X protocol, input and output graphic operation.
- Xlib level programming, simple application example, Toolkits, example of application using toolkit.
- OOP features in X Toolkit, instance and class of widgets, properties, internal implementation.
- Widget naming system, resources, convertors.
- Event processing, translation table, action table.
- User interface design rules
- Common OSF/Motif features, keyboard navigation, compoung strings, font lists and renditions.
- Simple widget classes and their usage.
- Composite widget classes.
- Menu and dialogs.
- Direct manipulation, Drag&Drop.
Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students
- Simple application using skeleton and examples.
- Complete OSF/Motif application.