Object Oriented Modelling and Prototyping
OMP Acad. year 2004/2005 Summer semester 6 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
- Wilf LaLonde and John Pugh: Inside Smalltalk, Vol. 1, Prentice Hall, 1990 (ISBN: 0134684141).
- Adele Goldberg and Dave Robson: Smalltalk-80: The Language. Addison Wesley, 1989, ISBN 0-201-13688-0, 585 pages.
Syllabus of lectures
- Pure object-orientation.
- Smalltalk - language and system.
- Smalltalk - programming environment.
- Programming in Smalltalk.
- Debugging and maintenance.
- Smalltalk - basic classes, programming techniques.
- GUI architecture.
- Development of applications with GUI.
- Parallel and distributed programming, network applications.
- Development of applications with web interface.
- Interoperability, databases.
- Summary, conclusion.
Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students
- project (a small application in Java)
- 2 homeworks
- Having at least 50% of the possible point evaluation of the homeworks.
- Having at least 50% of the possible point evaluation of the project.