Statistic methods of data processing
QM7 Acad. year 2003/2004 Winter semester
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Syllabus of lectures
- Describing statistics. The basic sample. Statistical signs. One-dimensional statistical samples with quantitatv sign. Frequency.
- Time series analysis. Trends. Floating means. Periodicity. Correlations.
- Indexes analysis. Individual indexes. Summary indexes. Indexes and absolute values. Basical and string indexes.
- Elementarz random event, operations among events. Boolean algebra of events. Classical and axiomatical definition of probability. The notion of independence of events. Bernoully sequences.
- The random variable, the distributive function. Random vector.Simultaneous and marginal function of density and distributive function.
- Moment's characteristics.General moments and central moments.
- Some important distrubutions applicable on solving of problems of opereach research and important for statistical research.
- The law of great numbers. Limit theorems.
- The notion of random sample. The sample characteristics - statistics. Testing of hypotheses. Errors of the first and second kind. Parametrical tests.
- Testing of one group of samples.
- Application of the department§s software on various groups tests - without interaction, with interaction.
- Chi square test, Kolmogorov-Smirnov test.
- Correlation analysis. Sperman's correlation coefficient.