QM4 Acad. year 2003/2004 Summer semester
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
- An original introduction to predicate logic by Peter Vopenka,appearing in 1977 under title "Sets and natural numbers" (in Czech) in State pedagogic publishing house,Prague,with purposeful omitting of the name of the author.
- Ershov-Paljutin,Mathematical logic,Nauka,Moscow (in Russian)
- Lavrow-Maksimova,Problems in set theory,mathematical logic and algorithm theory,Nauka,Moscow (in Russian)
- Pottmann-Wallner,Computational Line Geometry,Berlin-
- Heidelberg-New York 2001Leitsch,The Resolution Calculus,Berlin-Heidelberg-New York 1997,inv.č.5330
- Stepanek,Mathematical logic (in Czech),Prague 1982
- Brabec,Mathematical logic (in Czech),Prague 1975
- Delahay,Outils logiques pour l'Intelligence artificielle,Paris 1988
- Salat-Smital,Set theory (in Slovak),Bratislava 1985
- Bukovsky,Sets and various things about them (in Slovak),Bratislava 1986
- van Leeuwen,Handbook of theoretical computer science,Amsterdam 1990
- Engeler,Metamathematik der Elementatmathematik,Berlin 1983
Syllabus of lectures
- Finite and countable sets, a mild axiomatic approach (Fraenkel-Zermelo).
- Comparing of cardinalities. Continuum hypothesis, axiom of choice.
- Semantics and syntax of proposition logic.
- Compactness theorem (with a turning into general topology), finiteness theorem, completeness theorem.
- Semantics and syntax of first order predicate logic.
- Classic questions on prenex formulas.
- Correctness theorem and completeness theorem. Several words about Kurt Gödel and Alfred Tarski.
- Theorem of Henkin, theorem of Lindenbaum, theorem on compactness.
- Theorem of Herbrand, theorem of Hilbert and Ackermann, theorem of Skolem.
- Interpretation of one language in another one.
- Comments to temporal and modal logic.
- Comments to combinatorial logic.
- Comments to logical programming.
Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students
- One prescribed seminar work.