26 hrs lectures, 26 hrs laboratories
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Complex overview with all the related aspects of solving access and transport networks and their devices, especially with reference to prospective solutions of integrating networks and services. Network viewed as the largest cybernetic machine in the world and controlled from the terminal equipment. Processes of this control, as well as its organization, make it possible to get to the roots of control. Applying this knowledge, especially of control organization, also to other areas of economic and social life.
Giving a comprehensive overview of all most important parts of the telecommunication network,which is here comprehended as a tool for transmitting information to a required recipient in required quality. It concerns terminal equipment, access network solutions, means of traffic contentration, integration of services, multiple utilization of transmission media, effective utilization of these tools, shortening of idle times, optimal solution of transport network configuration.
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
Basic knowledge from electrical and electronic engineering, and electrical signal transmission .
- Types, specification and function of networks.
- Development and characteristics of networks.
- Increasing access network efficiency.
- Transport networks, their characteristics and requirements.
- Switching devices of transport networks.
- Digital telephone exchanges, public.
- Digital telephone exchanges, private.
- Inner network management. Numbering scheme, automatic call accounting.
- Digital transmission systems.
- Frame E1.
- Measuring od transmission systems.
- Introduction to SDH.
Review of the preparation for and protocols of laboratory and computer practice, review of short-time assignments.
Active participation in obligatory laboratory practice (max 30 points). Handing in the protocols (prepared in compliance with the rules) and the assigned written work.
Course inclusion in study plans
- Programme IT-BC-3,
any year of study,