High-Speed Communication Systems
VKS Acad. year 2005/2006 Summer semester 5 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
Syllabus of lectures
- Important terms. PDH: E1, E2, E3, E4. Measuring on high-speed communication network.
- SDH, multiplex structure. C, VC, TU, TUG, AU, AUG, STM-N.
- E4 and E3 mapping into STM-1.
- E1 mapping into STM-1.
- Equipment of network nodes NN. Add and Drop muldex, Crossconect.
- NN function bloks
- Digital transport networks.
- Introduction to and basic terms of ATM.
- Digital network synchronisation.
- Reliability of timing, transcodecs.
- High-speed telecommunications networks of Czech Telecom, power distribution industry and Czech railways.
- Telecommunication management network TMN
- Digital transmission of radio and televizion. Cable TV.
Course inclusion in study plans