Introduction to Programming Systems
IZP Acad. year 2004/2005 Winter semester 7 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Generic learning outcomes and competences
- Teaching materials available on WWW
- Kernighan, B. W.: The Practice of Programming, Addison-Wesley, 2003, ISBN 020161586X
- Schildt, H.: Teach Yourself C, McGraw-Hill Companies, 2001
Syllabus of lectures
- Properties of algorithms, notations for describing algorithms.
- Problem solving techniques. Design and implementation of algorithms
- Principles of high level programming languages. Symbols and separators, constants, identifiers, variables, numbers repesentation, labels.
- The concept of data. Simple data types. Expression and statements.
- Control structures. Blocks, scope and activation.
- Functions, parameters of functions.
- Text file standard input and output.
- Structured data types.
- Pointer types and dynamic variables. Linked structures.
- Program verification, debugging, documentation.
- Realisation of 4 home assignments
- Demonstration of home assignments during lab experiments
- Delivered and controlled documentation of 2 home assignments
- Mid-term written test
- Final written examination.
Mid-term exam has not alternative. Final exam has two additional alternatives.