Advanced Numerical Methods
MNM Acad. year 2004/2005 Summer semester 6 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
- Mathematical Analysis 1 (MA17)
Syllabus of lectures
- Numerical methods, principle, classification of errors, giving precision to results.
- Linear equations, finite, matrix-iterative and gradient-iterative methods.
- Nonlinear methods, review of nethods for one equation.
- Newton and iterative methods for systems.
- Ordinary differential equations, initial value problems, one-step methods.
- Multi-step methods.
- Taylor series method, possibilities of its application.
- Boundary value problems, finite difference method.
- Finite element methods, applications.
- Finite volume method.
- Partial differential equations, classification.
- Finite difference method, finite element method.
- Finite volume method, method of lines.