Integration of Telecommunication Networks and Services
QT6 Acad. year 2002/2003 Winter semester
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Syllabus of lectures
- Basic concepts and problems of technology and service integration.
- Networks classification, types and properties.
- Digitization in transmission technology. Modulation and quality in transmission technology.
- Hierarchy of transmission technology. PDH, SDH.
- Digitalization in switching technology. Types and functions of digital switches.
- Quality in switching technology. Service systems and their parameters.
- External network control. Signalling systems.
- Internal network control, synchronization.
- Internal network control. TMN.
- Network integration. Conversion from analog to digital networks. Interfaces.
- Terminal equipment, types and properties.
- Narrowband and broadband integrated services.
- Prospective switching and transmission. ATM. Intelligent networks.