Ethics of Technology and Business
ETA Acad. year 2008/2009 Summer semester 3 credits
A social science course consed to Programme in persuance of the Rector's Decision 03/2004.
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
Syllabus of lectures
- Basic terms in the field of ethics and ethos.
- Starting points for basic standards of human ethos.
- Technology in the context of human cultures, and the specific character of the Euro-american culture.
- Ethical aspects of technology in the past and the present.
- Decision criteria and horizons, and values.
- Extreme attitudes towards technology and the search for compromises.
- Liberalism in the contemporary economic order and its alternatives.
- Ethical maxims of early capitalism and their shifts.
- Real and ideal ethos in economy: influences and limits.
- Ethos in international and capital trades.
- Ethos and law relationship.
- 70% attendance at lectures.
- A written essay on a philosophical topic.
Course inclusion in study plans