Business English for Intermediate Students
AOA Acad. year 2009/2010 Summer semester 3 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
- S. Sweeney: English for Business Communicatiion, C.U.P., 2003.
- l. Jones: Working in English, C.U.P., 2001.
- B. Mascull: Business Vocabulary in Use, C.U.P., 2002.
- A. Ashley: Commercial Correspondence, O.U.P., 2003.
- I. Mackenzie: Financial English, Language Teaching Publications, Hove, England, 1996.
Syllabus of numerical exercises
- The company, its organization, premises, facilities, presentation.
- Communication in the company: Telephoning, messages, exchange of information, meetings.
- Description of products, promotion and sales.
- Description of production process, instructions.
- Description of jobs, CV, interview.
- Goods, orders, deliveries.
- Money matters, invoicing, payments.
- Complaints and response to complaints.
- Achievements, plans, trends, graph reading.
- Socializing, cultural differences.
- Banking products, the budget.
- Revision, test.
- Course-unit credit: maximum number of points is 40, 20 points for test and 20 points for listening.
- Final examination: maximum number of points is 60, 30 points for written and 30 points for oral parts.