Automobile Electrical Units
IAEB Acad. year 2010/2011 Summer semester 6 credits
Review of automobile equipments. Electric power sources, alternators, starters. Ignition systems, electric light and signalization. digitally controlled electronic ignition. Safety systems. Navigation systems. Environment compatibility.
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Automobile electric and electronic system review. Measurements and measuring methods.
To acquaint students with a general review of automobile electrical machines and apparatuses and special parts (alternators, starters, batteries and ignition).
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
Fundamentals of electrical and electronic engineering.
Syllabus of lectures
- Automobile Electric and Electronic Systems
- Starter Motors
- Ignition Systems
- Electronic Ignition
- Electronics Safety Systems
- Automobile Lighting
- Board Instruments
- HUD Systém
- Navigation Systems
- Influence of the Automotive Electric Equipment on Environment
Syllabus of laboratory exercises
- General methods of motor vehicles el. equipment measurements.
- Small resistances and torques measurements. PC based automation measurement system.
- Fractional horse power induction motor no-load. Loss distribution.
- Speed dependant machanical losses of alternator.
- Load characteristic of alternator.
- Motor starter characteristics.
- Load characteristics of heating motor.
- Ignition coil measurement.
- Ignition distributor advance setting.
- High speed motors characteristics measurements.
- El. motors dynamic characteristics parameters measurements.
Written tests (2 in the semester).
Active work on laboratory practice, laboratory protocols, tests.
Requirements for credits: Solved problems of laboratory tests, protocols of laboratory measurements.
Course inclusion in study plans