IDAK Acad. year 2010/2011 Summer semester 6 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
Syllabus of lectures
- Information theory. Information source: Amount of information, entropy, redundance. Discrete communication system: Static and dynamic characteristics of the source, transmission channel, receiver. Coding: Realization principles, signification for transmission, examples of application.
- Data transmission. Fundamental concepts and terminology: Frequency, spectrum, bandwidth,bit rate, data transfer rate. Data and signals, sorts of transmission and their examples. Data corruption during transmission: Outer influence, inner influence. Transmission reliability. Transmission media.
- Coding of analog and discrete signals. Explanantion of the concepts "analog data" and "digital data". Four possible systems for data transmission: Systems "digital data and digital signals", "digital data and analog signals","analog data and digital signals" and "analog data and analog signals". Application and realization regions of these systems.
- Coding for redundance reduction. Fundamental methods: Prefix codes, Huffman code. More complex methods: Compression of bit sequences, one- and double-line encoding in the fax system.
- Anti-error coding. Method for the simulation of interfering effects. Detection and correction of errors. Example of a decoding Table. Principles of anti-error coding. Protection capability of codes. Classification of anti-error codes.
- Block codes. Methods of setting block codes: Generation and control matrix, generation polynomials. Data protection by cyclic codes: Model of the protection process, possibilities of encoder and decoder realization. Examples of block codes.
- Tree codes. Classification of tree codes: Fundamental trees codes, trellis codes, convolution codes. Methods of setting convolution codes: Generation polynomials, generation matrix. Protection capability of tree codes. Encoding and decoding process realization.
- Anti-error code protection systems (ACPS). Example of the formation of ACPS. Position of ACPS in a superior transmission system. Requirements made on ACPS and their solution possibilities. Examples of ACPS.
- Special modulations which make use of the anti-error protection principles. Systems with multilevel phase keying. Artificial increase in modulation system redundancy. Anti error coding in a phase keying system.
- Scrambling technology. Necessity of uniform distribution of signal energy. Fundamental scrambler. Scramblers with N counters for N periods. Spectral characteristics of output signal. Scramblers and phasing. Transmission security during scrambling.
- Encryption basics. Principles of data security: Cryptography and cryptoanalysis, cryptographic system, cryptographic key, rules of cryptology. Methods of classical cryptology. Public key encryption.
- Security assurance in networks. Security problems in computers networks. Encryption in networks. Verification of access. Authentication of users. Endangerment by active nodes. Monitoring of traffic. Data integrity.
- Queuing theory. Description of queuing system (QS): Properties, structure, significance of individual parts. Queuing theory characteristics: Kendall classification of QS, other parameters of QT. Examples of application QS in technical practice: Node throughput of communication networks, designing a system of maintenance.
Course inclusion in study plans