IBP Acad. year 2010/2011 Summer semester 6 credits
Students will receive an individual project specification from various computer science areas in order to work them out individually under the supervising of some skilled leaders. Students will proceed as follows: problem analysis, solution, verification, implementation, documentation, presentation. During their work, the students will follow all the required instructions concerning requests on contents and volume of the project, the project adjustment, the literature, the language quality and written report typography as well as project parts consigned in the electronic form. BSc project is defended in front of the official committee at the end of the study.
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Knowledge and experience with engineering project building and its documentation.
The fundamental goal of this course is to support the individual creative student work during the engineering project solving and its formal description.
- Semester Project (ISP)
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
Without the successful passing of the prerequisite course "ISP - Term Project", the BSc Thesis cannot be defended. The knowledge from the whole study supports to be successful.
- According to the supervisor's recommendation.
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, Project Management Institute, 2008, ISBN 978-1-933890-51-7.
- ISO 2145: 1978: Documentation - Numbering of divisions and subdivisions in written documents.
- ISO 7144: 1986: Documentation - Presentation of theses and similar documents.
- ISO 690: 1987: Documentation - Bibliographic references. Content, form and structure.
Syllabus of numerical exercises
Seminars about the solved projects.
Consultations with a supervisor.
Submitting the BSc Thesis in given term.