Microprocessors and Embedded Systems
IMP Acad. year 2010/2011 Winter semester 6 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
- Students are familiar with general structure of microcontroller and with the techniques of embedded systems design.
- Students are capable to design and debug the routines and initialization routine for each peripheral devices. They are skilled in utilizing of basic debugging techniques for the application programs written in assembly language or C language.
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
- Text of lectures, group practice in electronic form, study support and HW practice
- Study materials published by Motorola/Freescale company
- The MC68HC908GP32 Teaching Book by Prof. Cerid - Turkey
- Predko, M.: "Handbook of Microcontrollers",McGraw-Hill, ISBN 0079137164, 1998.
- Fábio Pereira: HCS08 Unleashed, Designer's Guide to the HCS08 Microcontrollers, 2009, ISBN1-4196-8592-9.
Syllabus of lectures
- Introduction into Embedded systems.
- CPU HC08/HCS08.
- Subsystem of interruption.
- Interface for communication.
- Timer system.
- System clock, RTC and COP modules.
- A/D converter, display, kyeboard.
- Programming in C I.
- Programming in C II.
- Real time system.
- Survey of microcontrollers.
- Microcontroller application in fuzzy systems.
Syllabus of laboratory exercises
- Programming of SCI module.
- Programming of LCD and keyboard
- Programming of timer
- Programming of AD converter
Syllabus of computer exercises
- Instruction set.
- Programming in assembler.
- Programming of peripheral devices.
- ICE, BDE.
- Development environments.
- Development support for time-critical application.
Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students
- Compulsory individual or team twelve-hour project.
- laboratory assignments with the defense
- mid-term written examination
- final exam (51 points)
Passing boundary for ECTS assessment- 50 points
Course inclusion in study plans