German for Lower-Intermediate 2/2
JN2 Acad. year 2010/2011 Summer semester 3 credits
The course builds on the material of the course JN1 or previous studying at secondary school. The grammar material is exploited effectively in listening and communicative activities taken from common everyday situations.
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
General language understanding based on reading and listening comprehension. Ability to respond adequately in common situations. To be able to inform about personal experience. Ability to reason and explain, inform about plans and intentions, to give and obtain information. Basic skills for understanding specialized texts (reading comprehension, presentation).
The course is concentrated on general German and partly specialized language. Note: This is a two-semester course.
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
Successful passing the course JN2/1.
Syllabus of numerical exercises
- Introducing; grammar revision; Partizip II
- Clothing; object case with nouns; etwas/nichts
- Going shopping, in the shop
- Protest demonstration in Leipzig; prepositions with the object case; adjectives used in attribute after indef. article
- Prejudices; irregular verbs past participle
- The weather; at the weekend; forming perfect with the help of verbs haben/sein, SOLLEN, pronoun ES
- Tourism; perfect of mixed verbs
- Sports-kinds of sports; adjective in the attribute after definite and indefinite article; past participle as adjective
- Dates, arranging a date; ordinals, expressing the date; the verb WERDEN in preterit, use of the verb Werden
- Trade fairs; question words WELCH-/WAS FUR EIN; the passive (present and past tense)
- The human body; object case prepositions
- At the doctor's; the verbs legen/liegen, setzen/sitzen, stehen/stellen,....
- In the office, using the computer; schon.../-noch nicht, noch kein, erst-negative
- Curriculum vitae; past tense-preterit of irregular verbs
- Work, occupation; verb patterns, adjectives with prefix "un-"
- Making a phone call, electronic mail; adverbs
- Relationship in a family; reflexive verbs
- Relationships; reflexive verbs with a pattern
- Advertisements; reciprocity with certain verbs
- Family budget, expenditures; noun declension, conditional of the verb sollen
- Money, salary; modal verbs meaning, adjective declension in attribute
- Films and cinema; weak declension of nouns
- Housing; leaving out the article with nouns
- Environment; adjective declension without an article in attribute
- Customs, holidays, traditions; writing letters
- Museums, exhibitions; declension of adjectives after definite and indefinite article, and without an article-revision
- active participation in seminars
- 75% attendance in seminars
- progress tests
- writing compositions based on conversational topics
- working with texts
- mastering the material of the semester
- success at written semester test (min. 50%)
Course inclusion in study plans