Measurement of Physical Quantities
IMFV Acad. year 2010/2011 Summer semester 6 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
Syllabus of lectures
- Introduction, basic terms, sensor and instrumentation concepts, sensor construction.
- Position and dimensions measurements.
- Velocity and acceleration measurements.
- Forces, pressures and weight measurements.
- Deformations and force moment measurements.
- Vibration measurements.
- Temperature, heat and thermal flow measurements.
- Flow measurements.
- Emission measurements (light, infrared, UV).
- Ionizating emission measurements.
- Material composition and humidity measurements.
- Protection technique measurements (monitoring).
- Measurement system for data collecting, acquisition and presentation, local networks.
Syllabus of laboratory exercises
- Introduction (organisation, safety and next).
- Position and dimensions measurements (inductance, capacitance and photoelectric sensors, fibre glass and next).
- Velocity and acceleration measurements (linear and angle velocity, contact and non-contact methods, optical methods).
- Forces, pressure and weight measurements (metal and semiconductor strain gauges).
- Vibration measurements (piezoelectric sensors, multianalyzer PULSE).
- Contact temperature measurements (metal, semiconductor and intelligent sensors) and non-contact temperature measurements (radiation pyrometers).
- Flow measurements (special flow measurement laboratory).
- Emission measurements (UV, VIS, IR).
- Material composition measurements (CO2, pH measurements and next).
- Basic fibre glass sensors and their applications.
- Free theme.
- Class credit.
Course inclusion in study plans