Computer Aided Design
IPPK Acad. year 2010/2011 Summer semester 6 credits
Introduction to the CAD/CAM problems. Technical facilities of systems, program tools. Standardization in CAD. Development and design using computer technology. Realization CAD in the area of electric machines and apparatus development. Methods of CAD implementation to the practice. Computer support effectiveness. Practical exercises in AutoCAD, programming in AutoLISP, engineering and design of electric machines and apparatus components. Animation and visualization (3D Studio MAX). External design workplace visit.
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Students shall acquire knowledge about CAD systems, programming options and principles of computer animation and visualization.
Generic learning outcomes and competences
Information on CAD systems.
The aims are: mastering electric machines and apparatus design with the use of AutoCAD, formulation of new functions and intelligent use of other programs for animation and visualization (3D Studio MAX).
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
Active work with personal computer.
- Omura, G.: Mistrovství v AutoCADu, Computer Press
- 3D Studio - Reference Manual, Autodesk, Inc
- AutoCAD - Reference Manual, Autodesk, Inc
Syllabus of computer exercises
- Basic terms and principles of AutoCAD, revision
- Geometrical calculator, blocks, external references in AutoCAD
- Advanced design
- Solid modelling
- Individual work in 3D
- Properties and functions of 3D Studio MAX
- Introduction to AutoLISP
- AutoLISP functions
- Special types of data in AutoLISP
- Individual work in AutoLISP
- Animation and visualization
- External design workplace visit
- Activities in lab exercises.
- 1 compulsory written test.
- Tasks and projects.
Teste 40/100, projects 60/100.
The minimum of 50 points from all activities.
Course inclusion in study plans